Monday, October 29, 2007

Materialise




I have been starting to read about the Materialise company and see a lot of really interesting patterns in the work. Repeating forms are common and the use of CADCAM programs are highly incorporated. The website was not letting me view anything about the designers so I will have to check back later tonight...

So I was able to click on some of the affiliated Materialise artists separate web addresses. I enjoy mathematics and see many equations in the Materialise art. The patterns in some of the pieces are great. MC Escher is my favorite artist for that reason. He blends architecture and geometry with the concept of infinity.

Materialise uses a machine that can be programmed to use laser to cut out highly complex plastic prototypes. Their designers have skills in making jewelry, lighting, furniture, and more.

No comments: