Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Enameling Ideas

Origami Wolf @Flickr
One small crease @Flickr
Sarako@ Flickr
Nanimo@ Flickr







I am really excited about enameling this year...and it might be because we are starting with electroforming. I feel we quickly ran out of time after just getting into it last year. I have some ideas I would like to try. My main thought is to try electroforming origami shapes. I have found plenty of paper origami jewelry,
http://www.oricraft.com/origamijewelry/
and even some folded metal origami pieces....but have they been
electroformed? Is rice paper 'OK' to burnout? I certainly want to
try something other than the origami crane--it seems like that is the only shape people experiment with. I found some other interesting origami shapes that caught my eye.....
Some other ideas I might want to try involve crumpled paper, aluminum foil, screen, wood shavings, broken glass, mirror, and making wax copies of antique jewelry and then also imbedding the original antique piece into the electroformed piece. More research needed......

2 comments:

Katy Ginger said...

Erinn...thank you! You just got my creative juices flowing...finally!!! I think this is a really cool idea. I can't wait to see how this pans out!

jojo116 said...

http://www.charonkransenarts.com/artists/Artists_May_2006/Loew/artist_03.html

You might like this artist her work looks like it might be created using paper.