Monday, February 2, 2009

Senior Project Images

My theme for senior project is 'metamorphosis', although other topics like change and growth will be portrayed. The following pictures are the focus of change in nature--I will post sketches tomorrow....zxgirl @ Flickrartour_a @ Flickr teejaybee @ Flickr
My photos--Niagra Falls
I would like to include imagery from a photo of my son into a necklace including glass. Originally, I was going to use stained glass, but after todays design review I got the idea to find something with demention and try breaking and soldering it into a finished piece.



This image of 'growth' will be used as cut out circles all treated differently. Piercing, hammering, enameling, electroforming, etching, and chasing & repousse are all options. Id like to try making it into something to hang off the waste.
www.botit.botany.wisc.edu

This image will be used to create an 'emerging' piece--most likely from the neckline. I want to experiment with a copper mesh form wrapping around the neck with something emerging from it. Have to work the details out with this one more than the others....might save it for last and get started on the rest.
pageofbats @ Flickr







No comments: