Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Art of Innovation-Chapter 4


Chapter 4 in 'The Art of Innovation' is on brainstorming. I have to admit I had not looked at this subject the same as I do now after reading the literature. I see how important it is to observe everyday people and events and how we interact with them. It is important to stay up to date with what is going on in the world around us. When it comes to brainstorming--don't take notes on every word but highlight important ideas. Contribute as a group and don't be afraid to voice your opinion even if you doubt it a little. Be playful and visual. A physical example is better than one just in words. Help the group visualize your ideas so they can add advice more efficiently. Warmups are not a bad idea as long as they are quick and highly energetic. Sketches and diagrams are also ok. Try to stay away from negativity. I personally wasn't sure what to expect from the brainstorming sessions we had last week, but once the group got going some really wonderful things occurred and much was accomplished. I am reviewing my own ideas in a different fashion and am not afraid to speak out or ask for assistance.

No comments: